Environmental responsibility, social responsibility and a high level of business ethics are natural elements of Beijer Alma’s long-term strategy and help us to achieve our ultimate objective – to create added value for our customers, shareholders, business partners and employees.
Beijer Alma’s CSR work is progressing according to plan, with a focus on energy, climate, waste, work environment and social commitment. This daily work is based on the following components:
- Code of Conduct. Provides our employees and stakeholders with guidance on how the company manages issues pertaining to people, society, the environment and ethics. The Code of Conduct applies to everyone working at Beijer Alma, regardless of where they are in the world. The Code is based on international conventions and the ISO 26000 standard for social responsibility.
- Key issues. Focus on sustainability issues that are important to the Group’s business strategy and significant to our stakeholders.
- Sustainable value chain. A life cycle perspective on Beijer Alma’s activities, products and services.
- Risks and opportunities. Identifying, managing and minimizing risks. Capitalizing on sustainable development opportunities that create business advantages.
- Sustainable development objectives. Long-term Groupwide objectives in key areas. These are supplemented with detailed objectives and action plans in the various Group units.
- Responsibility. Delegated responsibility, which entails that operational sustainability work is structured and executed by the subsidiaries’ units.
- ISO 14001. Systematic approach to making improvements, particularly within the framework of the ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- Follow-up and communication. Regular follow-up of sustainability work and transparent communication with the Group’s stakeholders.