PRESS RELEASE FROM THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF BEIJER ALMA AB (PUBL) ON MARCH 30, 2023
Beijer Alma AB (publ) held its Annual General Meeting on March 30, 2023. The following is a summary of the resolutions passed by the Meeting. For additional information about all the resolutions passed, refer to the Annual General Meeting documents available on the company’s website.
EXTRACT FROM PRESIDENT HENRIK PERBECK’S STATEMENT AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
We have now entered 2023 and are continuing to face an uncertain global backdrop. At the same time, we must seize the opportunities that arise. We must dare to invest in growth and make carefully selected acquisitions when we have the chance. Because it is by embarking on new ventures and investing – and adapting quickly – that we will ensure Beijer Alma continues to deliver a strong performance. For at least another 40 years!
RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
· Adoption of the balance sheet and income statement: The balance sheets and income statements for 2022 for the Parent Company and the Group were adopted.
· Disposition of profit: A dividend to shareholders of SEK 3.75 per share for 2022 was approved in accordance with the Board of Directors’ proposal. The record date for dividends was set to April 3, 2023. Dividends are expected to be distributed beginning April 6, 2023.
· Discharge from liability: The members of the Board and the President were discharged from liability for the 2022 financial year.
· Board of Directors: Johnny Alvarsson, Oskar Hellström, Hans Landin, Caroline af Ugglas and Johan Wall were re-elected, and Sofie Löwenhielm was elected, as members of the Board. Johan Wall was re-elected as Chairman of the Board.
· Board fees: It was resolved on a fixed fee of SEK 370,000 for each of the regular members of the Board of Directors, except the Chairman of the Board. A fixed fee of SEK 1,050,000 is paid to the Chairman of the Board. For the Audit Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 75,000 is paid to each member, except the Chairman of the Committee. A fixed fee of SEK 150,000 is paid to the Chairman of the Audit Committee. For the Remuneration Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 25,000 is paid to each member, except the Chairman of the Committee. A fixed fee of SEK 50,000 is paid to the Chairman of the Remuneration Committee.
· Auditors: KPMG AB was re-elected as the company’s auditor with a period in office of one year. KPMG AB has announced that Authorized Public Accountant Helena Arvidsson Älgne will be appointed as the auditor in charge. Auditors’ fees are to be paid in accordance with approved invoices.
· Nomination Committee: It was resolved that ahead of the 2024 Annual General Meeting, the company is to apply the same procedures for the Nomination Committee as those applied in the preceding year and that the Annual General Meeting also appoints the members of the Nomination Committee. This resolution entails that the Nomination Committee will comprise of the Chairman of the Board Johan Wall, Anders G. Carlberg as a representative of the principal owner, and three representatives of the next largest shareholders who have indicated their willingness to participate in the Nomination Committee, namely Hans Christian Bratterud (Odin Fonder), Hjalmar Ek (Lannebo Fonder) and Malin Björkmo (Handelsbanken Fonder). Anders G. Carlberg was appointed Chairman of the Nomination Committee.
· Authorization: The Board of Directors was authorized to, on one or more occasions until the next Annual General Meeting, decide on issues of new Class B shares or convertible debentures carrying the right to new Class B, with deviation from the shareholders’ preferential rights, for the purpose of carrying out acquisitions. However, such issues may not cause the company’s registered share capital on the date of the Annual General Meeting to increase by more than a total of 10 percent.
· Guidelines for remuneration: Revised guidelines for remuneration to the senior executives were adopted.
· Remuneration report: The Board of Directors’ remuneration report for 2022 was approved.
The interim report for the first quarter 2023 will be published on April 27, 2023.
Beijer Alma AB (publ)
Board of Directors