Press release from the Annual General Meeting of Beijer Alma AB (publ) on March 28, 2019
EXTRACT FROM PRESIDENT HENRIK PERBECK’S STATEMENT AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
“Essentially all of our growth in 2018 was linked to organic development. In the long term, acquisitions will also play an important role in our growth efforts. This has certainly been true in the past, and will remain the case moving forward.
Now that we are well into 2019, we see that many regions and industries continue to display a strong performance. However, the general economic situation is more uncertain than it was at this time last year.
Beijer Alma has a robust business model and a strong balance sheet. This means that we are well equipped to face any downturns that may arise and, above all, that we have the scope to make new investments in order to ensure continued profitable growth.”
RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The following resolutions were passed at the Annual General Meeting:
- The balance sheets and income statements for 2018 for the Parent Company and Group were adopted.
- In accordance with the Board’s motion, a dividend of SEK 5.10 was approved for 2018. The record date for dividends was set as April 1, 2019. Dividends are expected to be distributed beginning April 4, 2019.
- The members of the Board and the President were discharged from liability for the 2018 financial year.
- A fixed director’s fee of SEK 325,000 is to be paid to each of the regular members of the Board of Directors. A fixed director’s fee of SEK 950,000 was approved for the Chairman of the Board. For the Audit Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 75,000 was approved for each member, except the Chairman of the Committee. A fixed fee of SEK 125,000 was approved for the Chairman of the Committee. This means that the fees remained unchanged compared with the preceding year. Auditors’ fees will be paid according to approved invoices.
- The following directors were re-elected as regular Board members: Johnny Alvarsson, Carina Andersson, Caroline af Ugglas, Anders Ullberg, Johan Wall and Cecilia Wikström. Hans Landin was elected as a new director. Johan Wall was elected as Chairman of the Board. Anders G. Carlberg declined re-election.
- Öhrlings PricewaterhouseCoopers was re-elected as the company’s auditor with a period in office of one year.
- Ahead of the 2020 Annual General Meeting, it was resolved that the company is to apply similar procedures to those applied in the preceding year and that the Annual General Meeting is to appoint the members of the Nomination Committee. This decision entails that the Nomination Committee is to comprise Chairman of the Board Johan Wall, Anders G. Carlberg (representing the principal owner) and three representatives of the next largest shareholders who have indicated their willingness to participate in the Nomination Committee, namely Hans Ek (SEB Fonder), Vegard Søraunet (Odin Fonder) and Henrik Didner (Didner & Gerge). Johan Wall was appointed as Chairman of the Nomination Committee.
- The Board of Directors was authorized to make decisions, on one or more occasions, regarding issues of new Class B shares or convertible debentures carrying the right to new Class B shares for the purpose of carrying out corporate acquisitions, disapplying the shareholders’ preferential rights, but such issues may not cause the company’s registered share capital on the date of the Annual General Meeting to increase by more than a total of 10 percent.
- The Annual General Meeting approved the Board’s proposal concerning guidelines for salaries and other remuneration of the CEO and other members of senior management. The guidelines are essentially in line with those adopted by the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
The interim report for the first quarter will be published on May 6, 2019.
BEIJER ALMA AB (publ)
Board of Directors
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Perbeck, President and CEO of Beijer Alma AB, Tel: +46 18 15 71 60
Beijer Alma AB (publ) is an international industrial group focused on component production and industrial trading. The Group includes Lesjöfors, which is one of Europe’s largest spring manufactures, Habia Cable, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of custom-designed cables, and Beijer Tech, which holds strong positions in industrial trading in the Nordic region. Beijer Alma is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap list.
Press release (PDF)