OPERATING area Fluid Technology
- Clear earnings improvement, in both older and newly acquired operations.
- Increased sales in all customer segments – retailers, OEMs/machine manufacturers and industrial end customers.
- Strong performance by Svebab, where major investments were made that expanded the manufacturing capacity by about 30 percent to meet future needs.
- Investment in a new production facility outside Stockholm, where Lundgrens and Packningar & Plast will gather their production in 2019.
- Continued recruitment of cutting-edge expertise in Lundgrens, primarily sales staff and product experts.
- Sales totaled MSEK 415 (359).
The main market is Sweden and the largest product areas are hoses/couplings and industrial rubber. The company’s products are sold directly to industrial customers, to large manufacturers (OEM) and through specialist retailers. End customers mainly comprise companies that work with manufacturing, operation and maintenance. Fluid Technology is the market leader for industrial hoses and high-quality fire hoses in Sweden.
The operations in both business areas focus on improving customers’ overall finances and strengthening their productivity and competitiveness. This is achieved, for example, through the range of products and services or through solutions that improve the outcome of a process or the quality of a product, cut costs or reduce the environmental impact. Within Industrial Products, proprietary manufacturing, customization and refinement of products are becoming increasingly important means of competition. A current example is the area of additive manufacturing (3D printing) in the foundry business – an operation for which the offering will be broadened in 2019.
The dominant operation is Lundgrens, which has warehouses, manufacturing and sales operations throughout Sweden. The range comprises 35,000 items, including both fluid technology products (hoses, hose fittings and hydraulics) and industrial rubber (rubber sheeting and seals). Svebab manufactures and sells fire and industrial hoses and firefighting equipment, while Packningar & Plast produces customized gaskets, seals and plastic components.
OPERATING area Industrial Products
- The strong industrial economy led to increased investments in the manufacturing industry, which benefited sales of machinery and consumables.
- Foundries, the steel industry and offshore are examples of areas that have developed positively.
- Continued investments in additive manufacturing (3D printing). The customer base was broadened and new technological applications were introduced to the market.
- Acquisition of the Finnish company Uudenmaan Murskaus, which sells spare and wear parts for rock crushers.
- New investments were made in the refractory segment, which continued to perform favorably in 2018.
- Sales totaled MSEK 498 (453).
Industrial Products operates in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The largest market is Sweden, which accounts for about 60 percent of all sales. The customers mainly include companies in surface treatment, foundries, steelworks and smelters, and offshore. The majority of sales are targeted directly at industrial customers. Industrial Products is the Nordic market leader in blasting and foundry products (consumables and machinery).
The operations in both business areas focus on improving customers’ overall finances and strengthening their productivity and competitiveness. This is achieved, for example, through the range of products and services or through solutions that improve the outcome of a process or the quality of a product, cut costs or reduce the environmental impact. Within Fluid Technology, the company’s broad range and expertise are strong competitive advantages. Customized and proprietary components – hoses, couplings and plastic and rubber components – are gaining greater importance. In spring 2019, a new 3,500-square-meter facility will be opened outside Stockholm, where Lundgrens and Packningar & Plast will gather their production. The new facility will provide the scope for further expansion of proprietary products for the automotive industry and other areas. At the same time, investments and process improvements were made within Svebab, which is increasing its production capacity by about 30 percent.
The offering is based on high-quality products from leading manufacturers – everything from equipment, technical components and consumables to large machinery and complete facilities. The Swedish business is organized into four business concepts – Karlebo (foundry machinery, die casting and additive manufacture), Beijers (foundry consumables, refractory and grinding), Tebeco (blasting, grinding and deburring) and PMU (industrial service and automation). Beijers is also represented in Norway and Finland. In addition to these concepts, there is also Norspray (surface treatment and offshore) in Norway and Preben Z (surface treatment) in Denmark. The offering also comprises installation, service and maintenance.